Why I use FreeAgent: 5 excellent reasons
FreeAgent is an online accounting web app that helps freelancers to manage their business finances without an accountant.
- It pulls a feed direct from my online bank account so I don’t have to manually add expenses. I can literally just look through my bank account and mark items as expenses.
- I can easily create invoices and estimates with a simple template – it looks professional and is very easy to manage.
- The self assessment tool is brilliant for helping to file your tax return – it looks just like the official tax return from HMRC so you know where everything goes on the form, and it automatically works out the tax you owe.
- It’s great for keeping track of hours spent on individual projects, and has a built in time tracker.
- Overall the web app is brilliantly designed, the knowledge base is excellent and I’ve found the support from FreeAgent to be really helpful (I usually contact them via their Facebook page and get a quick response).
I could go on to be honest. I’ve been freelancing since 2011 and I’ve used this tool since the start – I wouldn’t be without it.
It costs £19 +VAT per month, which is well worth it, but you can save 10% by using my referral code: 41so5qyd – and get an extra 10% discount for every new person you recommend.